Interested in joining a company built with innovation and customer service at the core – and that was named Canada’s 3rd Top Performing Company 2020?
In a few short years, Vitalis has grown from its Kelowna roots and solidified its position in the global manufacturing space as a leader. With sights set on new industry verticals, markets, products, and research, we are looking for a Corporate Controller to join the Vitalis team.
Located at the Vitalis’ Manufacturing facility in Kelowna, BC and under the direction of the CTO and Controls & Automation Lead, this role will be a Intermediate Controls & Automation Technician responsible for the development of new products and maintaining existing products, maintenance revisions, applications, and internal systems. Technical scope will encompass all areas of Vitalis’ engineering and design including PLC programming, HMI programming, instrument selection, and system design.
- Work “hands-on” with manufacturing to resolve any problems encountered in the fabrication and
construction of experimental or production machines
- Work with input from various parts of the company to identify product opportunities and research methods to solve customer challenges.
- Execute design projects for prototyping or production.
- Work with Vendors, Subcontractors, and Purchasing to obtain materials and services needed for projects
- Generate technical product specifications (system requirements, cause, and effect diagrams)
- Develop user interfaces (HMI/MMI) that are intuitive and easy to follow
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop experimental machine control philosophies
- Program PLC’s and HMI’s to follow control philosophy is developed with engineering
- Design industrial networks (serial and ethernet) based on common network protocols and vendor requirements
- Arrange or perform product testing
- Collaborate and support all the departments including service, engineering, and manufacturing
- Optimize component, product designs for performance, cost, standardization, and manufacturability
- Identify opportunities to eliminate expenses that do not add value to the process or product, and within the scope of authority of the position, implement the reduction
- Assist other departments in preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects
- Maintain knowledge of relevant design and construction codes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Process Engineering or Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering Technologist Diploma or Journeymen Electrician
- Two or more years of experience with automated systems, system design, and documentation, or other related fields.
- Experience working at an OEM is considered an asset.
- Ability to create / read / modify electrical diagrams, cause and effects diagrams, P&ID’s
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot all components of an automated system in a manufacturing environment
- Experience programming PLCs in Structured Text, Ladder, Function Block Diagram
- Exposure or working knowledge of Automation Direct, Festo, or Ignition (Inductive Automation) products would be an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs
- Basic knowledge of domestic and international standards and regulations an asset
- Willingness to support and assist in the growth and development of the company and engineering/design department
- Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly evolving and growing environment where responsibilities and position scope may change
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written and desire to collaborate in a team environment
- Must have Canadian citizenship or a valid Canadian work visa
Vitalis Extraction Technology
Vitalis Extraction Technology engineers, manufactures, and markets supercritical fluid extraction systems used to separate concentrates from organic materials for a wide range of industries including hemp, pharmaceutical, F&B, and essential oils. While our operations have grown to span five continents – and counting – we are proudly rooted in Kelowna, BC Canada.
At Vitalis, we treat our employees the way we treat our customers – like family. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We are working on-site and taking proper steps to maintain a clean, distanced, and safe work environment, to the highest standards possible. All staff will need to be respectful of our COVID-19 precautions and follow them without fail.